Digital Graffiti Art – My Process, Analog To Digital
Are you wondering about how to make digital graffiti? So was I. Being a graffiti artist back in the day to now a Graphic Designer, I wanted to combine these skills and create something. In this article, I will quickly breakdown the process. And also show a video of the process.
How To Make Digital Graffiti
- Gather reference or freestyle
- Sketch your outline by hand or in your favorite software
- Convert your outline to strokes in illustrator
- Use the outline to create fill mask
- Design your fill in Illustrator or Photoshop
- Create your 3D effect
- Create inline and outer outline
- Finalize composition
The video below shows how I employed this process. First starting with a sketch. Then going through converting to vector, in order to create 3D using Maya and Keyshot. The 3D part of this is definitely not necessary.